Saturday, December 28, 2013

P90X3 Challenge
Chrissie and I are going to take the P90X3 challenge and see how we do between our start date and 90 days after and we hope that you will join us.  The point of the challenge is to get in shape in 90 days and during that time take beforeduring and after photos and keep each other motivated.  If you know of any others who may be interested, go ahead and forward them this message.  Another point of the challenge is to get back into the habit of daily exercise.
The Challenge:
  • Get in top shape within the next 90 days!
How:
  • P90X3 is the newest series (released December 10, 2013) of the Power 90 Extreme series, which is only 30 minutes per exercise, per day.  If you do not plan on getting P90X3, you can use any P90 product from www.BeachBody.com or even some other routine that you will commit to for 90 days.
  • You can download free meal plans and guidelines from www.beachbody.com, or I can send them to you.
Start Date:
  • Monday January 13th, 2014
Entry Information:
  • Take “Before” pictures (modest of course).  Take at least a few pictures and post one that you are comfortable with. 
    • Post your picture if you’re comfortable with that, but even if you don’t post it, take pictures along the way so that you can see your personal progress.
  • Record/post your weight, height, BMI, and percentage of body fat. 
    • In addition, you can record your arm size and leg size and post this information for the private group to see.
  • Periodically post a message, maybe a picture or some comments and at least one short video, that’s at least 30 seconds in length sometime during the 90 days.
    • Once the blog site is setup, do a check-in everyday and post the time of your workout.  In addition, you could post the length of your workout, average heart rate, etc.
  • Let’s keep each other motivated!
90 Days Duration:
I would like us to keep each other going and updated either through email or some other means, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blog site, combination of these, etc.  Any suggestions?  I do not use any of these except email and YouTube, but I can create a private account specifically for this.
Goals:
  • Lose fat
  • Gain muscle mass
  • Increase natural energy
  • Improve Sleep
  • Ability to see my toes while standing straight up
  • Get into a shape, other than round
My Story:

Before getting married I got to a point where I worked out six days a week.  I’ve exercised on/off pretty much my whole life.  I started using P90 several years ago and it worked amazingly.  There are no gimmicks, just hard workouts and eating less food and eating healthy food.  I ended up buying more P90 related products from BeachBody and love them.  I used to hate the idea of using a “workout video” but it has been a great guide for me.  Now that we have Kai, who is almost two, and along with all my other responsibilities, it is difficult to find time to exercise, but I really need it since I’m about to turn 40, sit at a desk all day, and at this point do absolutely no exercise at all, other than walking to and from my car and through the neighborhoods when out in the ministry.  I figure that I can spend 30 minutes a day exercising since I easily waste that time watching a TV show and surfing the internet.
Correspondence:
For now, let’s use this email for correspondence.  Do a “Reply All” when replying to this email so that we are all on the same page.  If you do not plan on doing the challenge, email me back privately and I will remove you from this email chain so that you do not continue to get a bunch of email.
I am hoping to setup a blog page (or something else) where all of us can easily access and post to during the 90 days.
v  If any others are interested, go ahead and forward them this message and ask them to get in touch with me.

Amiri

No comments:

Post a Comment